Happy Birthday!

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Birthday postcard

It's almost my birthday and, coincidentally, the third birthday of the Famous Hairdos of Popular Music project. A friend sent this beautiful collage and two hairdo drawings to my P.O. Box today.

My friend Lindsey is one of the organizers of Zine Fest Houston, which went down this past Spring, and she offered to sell some of The Famous Hairdos books and give out postcards for people to draw on. This is awesome enough, but today I received this early birthday card and two drawings by zine fest attendees. The drawings are below, and be sure to check out Lindsey's comics and art at weakhighlights.com. Thanks as always to the drawers and kind friends who have allowed this silly project to thrive for three years.

famous_hairdos_post_135

famous_hairdos_post_134

1 comment:

Lindsey Pigface said...

I'm glad you like the birthday card! It looks better than I remembered; it must have aged well during its journey. Thanks for linking to my site. Friends + zines 4ever!