Monday, May 9, 2011

A new week and some new drawings for you to enjoy. As always, enormous thanks to all the drawers for contributing to this project.

famous_hairdos_post_124

famous_hairdos_post_126

famous_hairdos_post_118

famous_hairdos_post_121

famous_hairdos_post_120

famous_hairdos_post_117

famous_hairdos_post_123

famous_hairdos_post_122



A brief word is in order about the next drawing, a rendering of Loretta Lynn that arrived over the weekend at The Famous Hairdos P.O. Box by way of Chicago, Illinois.

I didn't realize that a postcard traveling from Chicago to Milwaukee had to travel through the Post Office in Hell, but that is apparently what happened. Even after some cosmetic Photoshopping, it is still evident that the trip to my P.O. Box played Rauschenberg to this artist's De Kooning, and the image I retrieved was certainly very different from the pencil drawing that had been mailed to me. All the same, I love this spooky little drawing. This is not the first time this has happened: check out this Jimmy Page from last August for one example.

I hope that the artist agrees with me that this postal iconoclasm still leaves a beautiful image, and I hope that they don't mind that I still saw fit to post it on this site. Thanks for the drawing!

famous_hairdos_post_125

No comments: